Printed by

The Oybin Rock ...

Image Copyright: Andrea Lange - city-map

In 1577, the buildings of the Oybin became devastated by thunder-storm and remained meaningless for a long time until the ruins were discovered by the Romanticists.
The castle and monastery constructional arrangement gives evidence of the technical and artistic perfection of the former architectural ensemble. After a comfortable and short climb onto the rock, a castle museum and a camera obscura await the visitor. Concerts, tournaments and monks’ processions within the historical walls attract innumerable visitors every year.

A Baroque mountain church – the “Little Wedding Church” build between 1709 and 1734 nestles on the mighty rock at the foot of the Oybin.
The Oybin Rock, the pearl of Upper Lusatia and former destination of excursions made by the Saxon kings, promises eventful discoveries durng any seasons.
An Excursion To Romanticism

We thank the tourism community Zittauer Gebirge Spreequelland e.V.
for their friendly support.

city directories